the castle floor lies in traps
[html]

300+

He knew it wouldn't be easy for her to understand exactly why it had scared him like it had. The only way she would be able to was if she too had been left and abandoned by someone she loved romantically. Even if that would have made this situation easier to resolve, he would never wish that on her. That pain had been horrible, it had made him angry one moment and so sad he was weeping the next. He had punched his King in the face and he had returned to alcohol to help numb the pain of it all. It was lucky that Princess had come along otherwise who knows how much farther the hybrid would have fallen. The only way she would ever experience that pain was if he did it to her, and he never would. Haven would rather die than do something so cruel to her. He may have messed up, and inadvertently hurt her now, but he would never do that. He would never leave her either.

Princess wasn't the only one who wished that he could forget Siobhan and the way she had hurt him. He had been wishing that from the moment she had walked out the door. It simply wasn't possible though. Haven could put it behind him and move forward, but he could never completely forget it. The coyote had been his first love and his first heartache. Forgetting it wasn't an option. "I can't forget it, or her, but I can move forward. This was a slip-up. I stumbled, but I don't want it to happen again. I don't want to put you through this again." Even if he couldn't be motivated for himself alone, he could be motivated by the need to make her happy and to protect her, even from himself. "I didn't think you would. I really didn't. It was just...one of those things. It just hit me and I couldn't get away from it. I'm sorry. I love you too, more than I can say." Haven tried to manage a smile at her, but it probably ended up looking more like an uneasy grimace. "Can you forgive me?"

<style type="text/css">
.havensad01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#9f9677; letter-spacing:1px; }
.havensad01ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Palatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#515149; text-align:right;}
.havensad01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.havensad01 {margin:0 auto; width:384px; background-color:#0b100f; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... lone01.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #515149; padding: 240px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Palatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#515149; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread