Caught in between all I wish for and all I need
[html]

Sorry for the wait, love. It's been a bad week.

He waited there, eye glancing at her only sometimes; his gaze was pressuring in and of itself, and he could clearly see she was struggling to speak her mind. Thousands of possibilities occurred to him, and he could only wonder what of the countless things she could say was so prevalent in her mind. Would she explain how she'd gotten up there, why she'd done such a thing in the rain and storm? Would she thank him for his help? Would she say she was leaving, all of a sudden, and never to come back?

No. His ears flicked back immediately, green eye wide. Pregnant? Before, and not after? His stomach lurched and his shoulders sank. Slowly, the Patriarch's gaze lowered to the floor, mouth agape, body stiff. He didn't know how to respond. He didn't know how to feel, above all else. Jefferson had barely ever thought of children with Geneva--the concept had simply never occurred to him--and now that he knew that possibility was gone, the hybrid's scarred body ached and pained. He felt heavy. Heaving a long, choking sigh, the cyclops could only bring his good hand to his eyes and rub at them, trying to sort through the many thoughts in his head.

Still taking more time to pause and breathe, the cyclops finally spoke, stressed eye still on the floor. "What happened, Geneva?" That was all he wanted to know. For some reason he couldn't get up, couldn't comfort her, couldn't touch her. He needed to know whose fault this was first.

<style type="text/css">
.airplanes b {font-weight:bold; color:#827165; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ooctext {font-style:italic; color:#95A0A9; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.airplanes p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.airplanes {margin:0 auto; width:399px; background-color:#EBF1F6; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #49361E; padding: 0px 0px 110px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#95A0A9; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread