building houses out of matchsticks
[html]

Table © Alaine
ooc: EEEE, this thread makes me so happy! it's so lighthearted and fun X3

Mr Cass sure was a lot less scared-looking up close. In fact, he was quick to chum up to Caillen, rousing him over the head in a motion so quick and friendly that the young slate youth barked happily, before fussily straightening out his messy golden hair in a mockingly pretentious way. There was no time for that, though, 'cause his enthusiasm seemed to have boiled over into the chocolate-splashed brute, who quickly caught up the young man in a boyish one-armed hug. Grimacing good-naturedly, Caillen quickly took in a lungful of air once he'd been realized. For such a short fellow, Mr Cass had the hug of a bear!

In spite of the other's obvious kindness, Caillen remained a little bit wary. I mean, sure, he seemed quite alright... But what was it his Mama had always said about strangers? Oh, and every time the older brute laughed, he showed rows of sharp little teeth that made Cai flinch on the inside.

This hesitance was quickly forgotten, though, as Cass picked up the bit about him being an explorer. Immediately, a maw-splitting grin spread about his face, arching up high beneath each of those sky blue eyes. He was about to reply with some sort of proud remark about being an 'splorer, but the earth-hued fellow was already leaning forward, a conspirator's grin over his impish face. Caillen did not pause, but leaned in close to the other, his gaze innocently owlish, with not a little bit of awe as the strange man spoke.

Thrilled with the dramatic tone of their conversation, Caillen's face became a picture of sincere interest, his entire little mind devoted to hearing what the 'yote had to say.

" A MECHANIC?" Caillen had absolutely no idea what the word meant, but by golly it sounded impressive! " No way, Mister! I didn't think that 'yotes could be so clever!"

He didn't mean it as an insult, not in the slightest. In fact, this fellow, being the part 'yote that he was, seemed to directly oppose each and every single one of those poisonous stereotypes he'd been fed since he could hear. Why, he didn't look a single bit the night-hunting baby-eating ugly-snarling skeleton-crunching nightmare beast that Caillen had always assumed coyotes to be. At the latter of the older man's words, his smile returned, twice as brilliant as before. Imagine that, him, Caillen, having something in common with a fellow as brilliant as this!

" Yeah, Mister Cass! Yeah, we do!" He laughed, delighted with the prospect, " I suppose you like adventure too, right? I mean, mechanics, they're real... Brave, right?" Absolutely no idea what the word meant. But it didn't matter, because he'd finally found a new friend who he could relate to, and who actually treated him like the adult he was!

" Gee, mister. WHats it like, livin' with a bunch of 'yotes?"

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread