And this fire will guide you home...
[html]

Aneira 

J

Leah flexed her hands experimentally with an expression of intense interest. "How intriguing... Thank you." She sniffed, trying to identify the herb Yumiko had used. She paused at the woman's next words.

Leah glanced at Anne. The younger girl gave her a weak, reassuring smile. "Your story is mine." 

Leah wagged her tail before turning her gaze turned inward for a moment to frame her words. She crossed her legs and rested her newly wrapped hands palm up on her knees. 

Anne shifted into her Lupus form, and leaned againt the older woman's leg. She nosed one Leah's hands until she rested it on the blonde's ruff, and Anne took the opportunity to sneakily pillow her chin on the elder's knee. She wagged her tail sleepily, a content expression on her face. The older girl had also relaxed, the stress disappating as she smoothed blonde fur.   There was something amusing about seeing the usually brash and energetic wolfess looking like a sleepy housepet.

She was quiet for a time, until she spoke again. 
"In our pack, I'm known as Lealia Anemos, Hare, second division." She gently tapped the top of Anne's head. 

The blonde started. "Aneira Rampant, border patrol, Mobile division." She grumbled drowsily. "Thats us"

The older wolfess continued. "I'm meant to be a tool of war." Abruptly she changed mental direction. "Did you guess we're called Hares and Hounds after the children's game?" She smiled a little bitterly.
...because we start the training as pups.

She half-idly traced a streak of copper that circled Anne's right ear, studiously avoiding Yumiko's eyes. "I've hurt a lot of people." She was more nervous about this than she had expected. Her discovery that Yumiko was a healer didn't help matters at all. If anything, Leah was an anti-healer.

It wasn't even so much that she was guilty for doing it - the hardened part of her knew if she hadn't she probably would have died. Still, the larger part of her nature could only ask a bewildered "why?"

Anne was almost asleep, one ear twitched towards Leah when she spoke, but it was doubtful she fully heard what was being said.

<style type="text/css">
.Aneira001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#45300f; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Aneira001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-align:right;}
.Aneira001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Aneira001 {margin:0 auto; width:377px; background-color:#9b8a5c; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ira001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread