Caught in between all I wish for and all I need
[html]

He sat with his head in his hand, balanced atop his knee as he sat at the edge of the bed. Mind still whirling with questions of all kinds, the bitter words she threw back at him barely bit at the surface. He had been gentle with her, understanding up until now, and there was no reason he wasn't going to continue as such. This was big news, she had to understand. The only children he'd ever sired had been born out of sin and regret; they hated him down to his core now. Jefferson had struggled with the concept of being a father, and the fact that the opportunity had been so quickly given and removed from his power threw him for a loop. He and Geneva, their children would have been raised happily. They would not have grown into another Heath... and yet they were gone now, no better than that Cour des Miracles boy in the end.

Geneva had been okay with the idea of the switch between he and Dawali. It had been quick and sudden, but she'd been willing to work with it. Upon returning, however, there was a tension between he and the girl that wasn't expected or natural; Jefferson knew immediately that his absence had taken a toll on her somehow, or that something new was suddenly troubling her. He now knew what that thing was, as she spoke of Naniko, but didn't understand why she had struggled so terribly. "Why?" he said, eye still surrendered to the darkness of his palm. "Why couldn't you have trusted me? It wouldn't be like last time." She had told him decently enough about Jordan and their daughter, but the Patriarch knew enough to be aware that these circumstances were nothing like what she was used to.

He sighed. Somehow, he was the reason for her fall, one way or another. "What if I hadn't gone," he mumbled beneath his breath, mostly to himself. "If I'd just stayed here, none of this shit would've happened. It's my fucking fault."

<style type="text/css">
.airplanes b {font-weight:bold; color:#827165; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ooctext {font-style:italic; color:#95A0A9; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.airplanes p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.airplanes {margin:0 auto; width:399px; background-color:#EBF1F6; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #49361E; padding: 0px 0px 110px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#95A0A9; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread