The Real Alice
[html]

That's exactly what I need — help adding variety and depth, to make my posts clearer and more interesting. I appreciate help with grammar too. I'm so glad you're helping me. Big Grin 300+

She could feel the kit against her, its hungry body tense against her chest. Rio didn't attempt to speak to it, for she didn't want her voice to agitate it enough to flee from her. Instead, she hummed in small increments, her tiny voice carrying a soft tune for several seconds before dying into silence. She was pleased beyond description when the animal seemed to release its tension, sinking lower onto its front paws. A pleased smile came to Rio's lips. She hadn't known whether or not her attempts to soothe would work. The rabbit's eyes, however, remained wide with caution — Rio guessed that it was still shaken by its ordeal. She wasn't sure how she would feel if her mama went away like this, if some stranger tried to offer her unexpected comfort.

By chance, she lifted her gaze from where the kit lay. She squinted through the rain at the figure eerily outlined a small distance away, its movement quick and purposeful. It shaped into a canine, one much larger than she. Instinctively, she ducked into the grass and made herself small against the rabbit, but there was no chance she hadn't been spotted. She didn't fear the wolf in regards to herself, as she felt safe in Phoenix Valley and always had; but she did worry for her new friend. A fellow Valley wolf might want to eat what she'd found, or pry it from her in some other way.

Rio recognized Jefferson from his scars as well as his voice. She had never interacted with the cyclops, but she had heard about him here and there, spoken about him with her siblings a few times. They always talked of his impressive scars and of how important he was to them all, as their leader. But she knew nothing about his character. His words were as gruff as they were blunt, and as he spoke Rio stared at him with wide, uncertain eyes. He didn't frighten her, for there didn't seem to her that there was anything sinister in his tone. She just didn't understand why the baby animal had to die. Rio blinked, her ears falling slowly back against her skull. But, I... she began, pleading. I could take care of him. Mama sometimes healed wounded animals. If this was possible, surely Rio could figure out how to keep this creature's heart beating.

<style type="text/css">
.Riogift002 b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#848462; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Riogift002ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#b0a68a; text-align:right;}
.Riogift002 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Riogift002 {margin:0 auto; width:380px; background-color:#fae9cc; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ift002.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #b0a68a; padding: 0px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#b0a68a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by alli

[/html]

Messages In This Thread