Knowing whom I serve
[html]

300+ words.

It was rare for anyone to seek him out at home, though he supposed that it would be different now, considering his new position in the pack. Before, he had been the Constable, someone known but whose duties were mainly regarding the protection and security of the pack. He had remained someone that was not of immediate interest to most of the pack members, as far as he was aware. Of course that would change now that he was the King, but it still came as a surprise. He took it as a sign that, at the very least, this member accepted him as the new leader. There had been no open objections at the meeting, but he could not help but harbor the mild concern that problems would arise. He knew that many of the pack members were very fond of and very loyal to Jacquez, and to have his dethroning announced by the new King could have easily angered some of the members. It seemed that it hadn't, thankfully.

"Absolutely," he said, holding the door open for her. "My mate and adopted daughter are not at home, but we could talk inside if you would like, or outside if you would prefer, though my stallion is out back and he is none too pleased that I just cleaned his stable," he admitted with a chuckle. Still, the back deck had a table and chairs, worn from the weather and the decades without the humans, but still usable. He would leave the decision-making up to her, however, as he did not know if she would want to leave her own horse outside unsupervised, or if she would even feel comfortable inside his home. Some considered it imposing, though he thought that if he invited her in, then it certainly was not.

<style type="text/css">
.vigitrees1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#223E61; letter-spacing:1px;}
.vigitrees1ooc {font-style:italic; color:#86D9AD; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.vigitrees1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vigitrees1 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#70B186; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... itrees.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 215px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#485D57; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread