the earth isn’t humming
[html]

Perhaps it was something that she should've given more thought to, but Smith believed that coincidences did not exist in life. Personal experience had taught her that things did not just happen randomly, and that everything had a design and a purpose. Why did she come here, passing other groups of wolves and whatever else along the way, to find a French court on the coast, governed by a Vigilante King who seemed to share the profession that she had been sold into? No, things like this made her certain that there were no such things as coincidences. Everyone had their path of stars that they followed, and the moon was the anchor. Smith was sure of this.

The Arabian wolf nodded, a vague smile on her lips, as the roi described the rank that she was being given—of course, in Smith's own language, Seigneur meant Lord, which was ironic enough. She would never have imagined that one destined for slavery those many years would eventually become a free member of a pack with such aristocratic titles, nor to pick her own occupation therein. Though she had very good training in metalworking, she never had the chance to choose for herself—since she had passed into her second life, all of her decisions were made for her. Well, all decisions until a few months ago.

As for where she would live, it sounded as though there were more options than just the buildings she had seen originally. Though she imagined it would be easier to find a building in the city, something about a more secluded home in the country sounded nice. She had had enough of living in a town. "I suppose I will look around myself then, Roi, merci," she replied eventually, her tone low, dipping her head deferentially.

Smith did not make a move to leave—she would never consider leaving someone of royalty without either being dismissed or him leaving first.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread