Knowing whom I serve
[html]

♥ WotD: Macabre! 300+ words.

"I think he appreciates it, as well," was all that he said in response. Though he had no proof of the sentiment, Vigilante did not expect that the stallion would stay with him if he were not treated as an equal with the utmost respect. Nádherné would not tolerate being treated as anything less, absolutely, and the caramel-colored King could not ever see himself treating the stallion as anything less than a trusted equal, either.

The Haskel man listened to what she had to say intently, jade eyes studying her while she spoke, dark ears absorbing each word as they were vocalized. He always focused on what the others were saying in a conversation, but it had become even more important to him now, if possible, that he had risen to the respected rank of King. Most seemed to enjoy not having to do anything specific, but he could understand the restlessness that came with sitting by idlely. "Have you considered picking up a co-rank to have a more specific sense of duty? We have many, and if you enjoy working with the horses, I'm sure Heath would appreciate the help. He is a good man." He did not have the problems with Heath that their former King did.

A faint smile graced his muzzle, and he took a moment to consider the question. Truthfully, it was still a strange sensation to realize that Jacquez was truly gone and he had been accepted as the King. "When Jacquez originally asked me to step into the rank of Constable, he had told me it was because he wanted a strong, physically, leader. He was missing an arm, and Ruri is blind. He said that I was level-headed and strong and would make a good leader. I like to think that I have lived up to his expectations, and then some." Certainly Jacquez had never expected Vigilante to usurp him, but it had been unavoidable, given the circumstances. "Being here as the leader of the pack is much different than what I had originally expected," he admitted, thoughts turning to his macabre history, "but I enjoy it. Now, I would not trade it."

<style type="text/css">
.vigitrees1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#223E61; letter-spacing:1px;}
.vigitrees1ooc {font-style:italic; color:#86D9AD; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.vigitrees1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vigitrees1 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#70B186; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... itrees.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 215px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#485D57; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread