here's where things start getting weird
[html]

I'm going to stop being such a bum, I swear!

A Cheshire smile spread over the impish woman's face as she answered his question in a riddle. A riddle that, Nayati had to add, made no sense to him. Was she mocking him? Or simply trying to play him as the fool? Either way he didn't necessarily appreciate the notion and his mouth was spread out in a thin line that was neither smile nor frown. As a pup growing up in the Great Tribe he had heard the stories of tricksters and their antics, but had never met anyone who even closely embodied those traits. It seemed that he had now though, and his suspicions rose even higher. Most of those tales were cautionary and he didn't know what to expect from the slender female. He would definitely keep his guard up.

"Our kind are made for the ground, not for the trees," he responded pragmatically. The curious expression on his face only intensified when she stated that she sometimes slept in the precarious branches of the trees. This seemed utterly impossible to him. How could one sleep in a tree and not fall? Surely one would break their bones, if not kill themselves, pulling such a stunt. "That seems quite dangerous to me. How do you avoid falling?" Did she have some power that kept her secure in the natural high places? That seemed to be the only semi-logical explanation to him.

<style type="text/css">
.nayatijayfeather b {font-weight:bold; color:#0095E6; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.nayatijayfeather-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:center; }
.nayatijayfeather p {text-indent:25px; padding:3px 12px; margin:0px;}
.nayatijayfeather {margin:0 auto; width:406px; background-color:#F1F2F5; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... eather.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #E6E7EB; padding: 10px 0px 255px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#6A95AA; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread