Don't Need Sight To See
‘I am willing to accept your rules, Anu’ he agreed, stumbling at the wolfs name, an unfamiliar name he would learn to respect. ‘By the way, if you were wondering, I had a run in with Sophia that left me with no sight’. The waves continued to hiss, but politely, as if they were rejoicing at J’adore’s progress from trespasser to, hopefully the latest pack member. ‘So do I make the cut?’. The coastal breeze had a distinct taste of salt and seaweed. He could smell that this was pack territory. Several wolves scents merged together. Pups, Adults, the Teen wolves somewhere in-between. And Sophia’s scent, like fine wine. He noticed smells well, his sight had gone but his sense of smell had heightened. J’adore noticed his own scent was very close to freshly picked strawberries, which brought him on to his next subject. He took a deep breath before filling the silence, in which Anu thought about her next answer. ‘You have small pups’ he said ‘3 or 4, the exact number I can’t tell but somewhere near that, males I think, my sense of smell is good at picking up that, who people have been with where they have been, you also have an older female, and you’ve been in a shelter, a house maybe’. J’adore had to admit, his heightened super-sense surprised even his. It was normal till he was blinded, but since he relied on his hearing for staying away from trouble, he relied on his scent for hunting, finding out about someone and finding his way home. He never thought he’d cosy to the idea of a pack. But being this close to belonging was one of the top ten moments in his life. And for some reason losing his sight was up there too.
300+

Messages In This Thread