run before you have to walk -
[html]

ooc : Thanks! And yeah, he's supposed to be an old geezer. I'll test the waters with him around here until he dies. He might have a year or so left to live. Old geezers are fun, I think.

The old Luperci's age-stricken feet found their way along the worn path. It was quite the improvement compared with many of his previous travels - finding a nice old path to walk on without many risks of stumbling or getting a paw caught, as had been the case with his injured foot. Rheumy golden eyes, clouded with cataracts and age, flashed under the hardened expression of the beast. The scars that fell as mazes on his back rippled under his thin layer of greying fur as he sat himself upon the ground with a hardy grunt. His nostrils flared. Now he could pick up the scent of so many familiar things. The sting of smoke wafted ever so faintly through the breeze and he remembered fondly the pipe he had left behind him when he had sprained his leg. The scent of food and fresh herbs - all the scents that came with a pack were there. And not a moment had gone by as he sat when a new scent came rushing toward him. He was up on his paws as quickly as his years would allow and walking forward again, ears perked in curiousity. A stranger, coming close.

Before he had trudged much longer, he spotted the figure. Blurry but getting closer, he saw the hand raise. Arda's lips quivered on the rock in his mouth and he hesitated, debating whether to drop it or prepare himself for that last fight that still haunted his mind. He stopped, looking suspiciously at the new wolf, taking in the features of the tall red male. This stranger looked millions of times stronger than Arda, and perhaps 10 years ago the old one may have had the faintest - very faintest - hope of besting him in a fight. Today was much different. Alone, old and broken - a dangerous combination. As the stranger grew closer and more in focus, Arda observed the graceful dip of the head. He felt his eyes meet with those of this red wolf's, and he instantly looked away. A protesting muscle somewhere in the back of his neck creaked and fussed as he too lowered his head in greeting. Arda's eyes, however, remained fixed on the ground at the new wolf's paws.

After the wolf had spoken, Arda gently dropped his lone weapon. He recognized the authority in Dawali's voice, the youthful power. Arda dropped his tail in further attempt to show that he meant no harm. What trouble could he possibly cause anyway? He stepped back at this thought. How stupid it had been to head toward the scent of wolves. Arda quickly sent a silent prayer of gratitude to whatever may have been watching over him, glad that this Dawali had not killed him quickly. Perhaps it would be a blessing, to be put out of his suffering, but Arda did not wish to think of it. AniWaya. The words washed over the old one. He had heard of the tribes in this area, but had passed all others by to continue whatever journey he thought he was on. Injured and with nowhere else to go, he had walked straight toward this one. Was it a sign? Perhaps, but Arda was nowhere near as spiritual as he had once been. Wisdom and the secrets of the universe? None of it really mattered when all you had to look forward to was a next, forgiving breath. His eyes flashed upward briefly, and he spoke. The worlds fell out like smoke on the breeze, husky, crackling like the falling of a tree. "Greetings, young Chief. I am Arda Perrio. I have been a simple traveler for as long as I can remember, and I mean you no harm, as I suppose should be... painfully, clear. I hope that I am not disturbing any of your... more important duties."

He had tried to pick his words carefully. Much grace and tact had long been lost to the old male's lips. Respect of Dawali's power and position rang in his tone, though Arda could very well have been this wolf's great-grandfather. His head remained bowed, against the argument of his muscles. "It is a simple sprain. And yet, it's made me lame for days now. I would not imagine there is much to be done with it. Things break easily when you get to be... like me. I apologize for intruding so rudely. I am lost here in this place, in this land."

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFF33; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:11px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#021221; background-image:url(http://i25.tinypic.com/dzjbtd.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#669999; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread