what is it when the clock just won't rewind?
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... stable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Xeris inhaled deeply, the gentle breeze bringing the scent of the ocean to her nostrils. She also noticed that the wind carried an additional scent--the scent of another wolf, or even two. There were two scents that seemed similar but different all at once. Casting her gaze across the sand, the white wolfess soon spotted those to whom the smells belonged. The only Phoenix Valley wolf Xeris knew with that gray-hued pelt and those gleaming green eyes was Geneva, but something seemed...off. Xeris took a few paces forward and then noticed what was registering as wrong in her head. The subleader's face was contorted, the skin and fur stretched and clinging to her skull at odd angles. She remembered then what Pendzez had told her about Geneva's fall and injuries. Xeris tried to show as little reaction to Geneva's mangled face as she could out of respect.

She had been so busy thinking about these things that Xeris had not noticed the smaller figure approaching. It was a pup, his fur the same shade of grey as Geneva's and his eyes a brilliant blue. Xeris couldn't help but smile a little at the child's curiosity and eagerness. He asked if she knew his father. The white wolfess glanced again at Geneva for an instant, then looked back to the boy. She hadn't known Geneva to have any children--was this boy her son or was she just watching over him? Unsure as to how to answer his question, she replied rather vaguely. "I know many wolves, perhaps I do know him. What is his name?"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread