run before you have to walk -
[html]

Thank you. And that's no problem. I've just been looking around the forum and such.

Arda's eyes brightened in senseless glee. He wondered if all the AniWayans were so painfully polite. He was not used to such formality, having been practically chased this far by other, more barbaric wolves that he had stumbled upon in the past. He had done his best of avoiding those in this new land however. But the sharp tongues of the red-and-grey wolves of his past still hung in the air around him, weighing down his shoulders, better reminders of his past than the scars that decorated his skin. Manners, formality - what was it to this wolf? He was in no way aristocratic, and had no plans on embracing the stereotype of age. Wisdom and respect got you nowhere in the end. It did not save a life on the brink of disaster, wisdom did not run down the strongest elk or stop the enemy in its track. At least, never had it seemed that way to Arda. Wisdom was in the head - what Arda wanted for himself came from the heart.

Having regained much of his self-confidence, Arda pulled himself forward, hopping awkwardly to favor his leg. A tea for the pain, eh? Now it had not become so much pain as it was numbness. Nothing hurt that badly when you had seen so much in your life. Arda had taken lives, seen the greatest wolves taken brutally down to earth, blood spilling, warming the frozen, unforgiving earth. A tea for the pain. If only a simple tea could cure all the pain, could take him away from this place. Forever, he would be free from the burden of life. Memories were all that the world held for him anymore. There was nothing to look forward to, nothing to look back on but the memories, the worthlessness of a life wasted in the winds. He found himself wondering, hoping perhaps, if this polite strange creature would have the nerve to poison an old man with this tea. He almost laughed at his unwarranted suspicion. What was there to suspect anymore? Nothing mattered like it once had. He could not even hope to remember being as young as this Chief. Tea for the pain. He chuckled despite himself. If there was a tea for every pain, he'd have been wasted long ago.

"That would be quite kind of you. I've traveled too far on these legs, I think. I might need a lot of that tea," he said, jokingly, voice trembling with wear.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFF33; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:11px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#021221; background-image:url(http://i25.tinypic.com/dzjbtd.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#669999; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread