not strong enough.
[html]
He was as tender with her as a lover might have been, treating her like a delicate doll that might have crushed beneath his weight. Just his simple touches reminded her that she was alive, and no matter how much the pains hurt right now, she would make it through them. She smiled softly and nodded, it gave her some comfort to know that at least Amaury and Miriad were not alone. "My son Valerik will care for them too..." She said softly, and felt it in her heart to be true.

She heard his words but almost brushed them off, she wasn't sure of her survival, what if the flames had made it up that mountain? Her flesh would have been swallowed whole, and she would have joined her brother, son, and daughters in the After. She didn't want to respond to that idea, even though it had raced through her mind when she was trying to escape the fire. His final statement made her wonder though, and she sighed softly. "I....I want to find Jaded Shadows, so many there are my family and friends. But..." She paused mid sentence, soaking up the remainder of her courage to say the next thing weighing on her mind. "I want to start over. With everything....a new pack, these new lands...we don't even know if anyone else made it out of the fire....and we should push on..I should push on, just in case they didn't." She said quietly and gently nuzzled in to her brother's flesh. "I wont make you stay Tristan, but I would love it if you did....Laurent, he found his way to Jaded Shadows....I hope he made it out alive..."
[/html]

Messages In This Thread