An Old Man's Quest: Part 1
[html]

Haha, we'll see. Also, sorry for the slight delay--had a rather busy weekend. o: wc:426

It wasn’t often that Ehno had the opportunity to meet other creatures from across the sea out here in the land of Nova Scotia. Most canines in the region and the neighboring packs all seemed to be local, though some had often migrated here from elsewhere in the continent. They each of course had their own stories to tell, their own adventures and cultures to speak of. Ehno, however, would always hold a particular interest in tales from across the sea, from the European lands that he had originated from. When he met another who had dared make the journey across the ocean, he was often reminded of his first real taste of adventure, being but a yearling and venturing off to lands unknown. Meeting the old man here now was no exception to this, the simple mention of far away lands bringing forth a wash of nostalgia.

The Marino’s amber gaze simply watched the other at his embarrassed display of a reply, dismissing his reasoning as something that would hold little interest for him. Ehno wanted to dismiss such an assumption—surely any motive for uprooting oneself and traveling across something as vast as the Atlantic would be quite interesting—but before he could do so, the old man promptly spurred the conversation onward. His curiosity still bubbled in one corner of his mind, but he set it aside for now and let the currents of their swift conversation take him where it may. The doggish male commented on his supposition of Ehno’s own adventurous spirit and the tales such adventures could inspire, and it brought that old nostalgia of his to full force. Oh, the escapades he had had during his youthful wanderings. Yes, Ehno certainly had his fair share of stories to tell.

Ehno laughed a short, pleasant laugh, a broad smile lighting up his face in its aftermath. “You got me there. I’ve had my share of the wanderlust, certainly. Seen plenty of interesting people and places while wandering about the European continent, as I’m sure you can imagine.” Even his first few days out in the bustling streets of Rome had given him plenty of stories to tell, aided of course by the culture shock he had encountered when he arrived there. Growing up in a traditionalist, feral pack and then thrusting himself into the humanized culture of the ancient city had been quite the experience. “It’s certainly nice to bump into a kindred spirit out here,” he commented, a warm smile to match his new acquaintance’s spreading on his lips.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread