the bluebird and i
[html]

Grammy. Her heart swelled at the puppy’s greeting, his child like voice seemingly seeping in through her skin and seizing her heart. Never would she permit anyone to call her by anything other than her name, nicknames were too sentimental, aside from her children and grandchildren. She had very little patience for the blunderings and mistakes of others, but for her own flesh and blood her patience was infinite. "Okay, I’ll lead." Ceres unbowed her bent head and met eyes with Maluki as he descended the rock, critically watching his growing body move. It was true that they were kept well fed, well sheltered, and yet one after another Colibri had lost most her children. Only Akeni and Maluki stayed. And Laruku.

As if echoing her thoughts Maluki mentioned the male’s name, and Ceres inhaled sharply. Acid had taken Laruku out again, without either of his own biological children. The knowledge of Acid’s attentions showered upon Laruku caused conflicted feelings for the alpha female, and in the end Ceres couldn’t directly reprimand the beta’s decisions. Kiriska had been dear to the snowy female, more so than perhaps any other living creature ever could be, and it took a lot of restraint not to smother the tawny hybrid with the love she wished Kiriska was alive to show him. Yet Maluki and Akeni would get pushed aside at times and this did not settle well with their grandmother, who in turn was too soft to perhaps make up for their father’s failings.

"Akeni is not so boring, I’m sure. And at any rate, I’m sure that does not give you a free pass to wander so late at night all alone, does it?" Her voice teased, making it clear to the boy that she was aware of the curfew Colibri placed on her children and that it did not escape Ceres that Maluki was breaking it now. Yet no scolding followed, so rarely did she scold her own children, and her grandchild would remain quite unaware at how terrifying his grandmother could be once upset. Two very different roles she played; the queen of the Sadiras and the queen of Clouded Tears were vastly different creatures but Ceres never had to struggle to keep them separate. "I suppose I’m out late too though, and you can keep me company for a while." She bent down, her nose meeting Maluki’s, navy eyes staring sternly into emerald, and this was the most chastising she would give him on the matter.

<style type="text/css">
.ceresthinger b {font-weight:bold; color:#EDE984; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ceresthingerooctext {font-style:italic; color:#EDE984; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.ceresthinger p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ceresthinger {margin:0 auto; width:307px; background-color:#C6BF4D; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... /ceres.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #483B19; padding: 235px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#767226; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread