beau geste
[html]

Big Grin I don't know if this skinning technique is completely correct, but everything I looked for had the deer hanging, so I'm improvising >.>

Respect was something with which the AniWayan male approached almost everyone, and especially his fellow tribesmen and women. He had been raised to treat everyone he met well, unless given a reason not to. There were a few buttons one could push to get him riled up and angry but thankfully no such thing had happened here. Besides, Aurèle was not only a fellow member of the tribe, but a fellow hunter. He valued the companions in his path highly and he admired the woman's no nonsense approach to things. Nayati had a sense of humor, but he was serious when it came to his job. Some might have possibly viewed her as stiff or cold, but he did not, he simply saw her as self aware and that was a good thing in his judgment.

Aurèle gave him her permission and stepped back from her kill. Nayati expertly used his knife to cut an an outline around the deer's neck, legs, back and stomach. That was the easy, fairly clean part of the process. Now came the more messy endeavor. He moved to the dead doe's neck and got his fingers beneath the cut he had made there. He pulled down, peeling the fur and skin from the muscle beneath. He continued to use his strength to pull the hide from the carcass, using his knife again when it became stuck or needed further cutting. Some time passed and he finally pulled the half of the hide he had carved out clean from the body. Setting it fur-side down on the ground he looked around. "Is there something nearby I could roll it over onto? So I do not get the exposed meat dirty?"

<style type="text/css">
.titmousejay b {font-weight:bold; color:#122E72; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.titmousejay-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align:left; }
.titmousejay p {text-indent:0px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.titmousejay {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#9B9949; background-image:url(http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp27 ... iTable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 390px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; color:#000000; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread