Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered...
[html]
Zomg i know right! Big Grin We're so cool!
Word count: 400+

Pippa trembled as Lolita seemed to shy away, all of her worst nightmares being realized in that small rejection. She cursed herself tenfold for not killing her brother as her sister’s fears of him finding them came to light. But here they were safe, right? Even Pello knew how heinous of a crime trespassing on pack lands would be; in their travels he had always been careful to avoid such things, and she could hardly imagine him trying to join.

“Lolita… you’re safe here,” Pippa said quietly, trying to keep her emotions in check and barely succeeding, “He won’t go near pack lands, he can’t trespass here. If I can join here, we could be happy. We can have the life we should have had.” But Pippa could see the vision of their perfect life falling apart, all she had dreamt all the time she had been with Pello was crumbling beneath the weight of Lolita’s apprehension.
She fell silent as her beloved Loli finally looked up, seeming to search for something in her face. Her eyes were just as beautiful as Pippa remembered them.

Then came the question Pippa had so been dreading. It hung in the air as her mind went black. She’d thought once she got here that it would all go away, that she and Lolita would be together and happy and the dark times would cease to be. She realized how naïve she’d been.

“I… you know him Loli.” Pippa began, her blue eyes clouding over, “We traveled so far; I don’t even think he really had a goal. He… he beat me often, for everything and nothing. I tried to escape so many times, I lost count, but there’s a scar or two for every one I assure you.” She looked to the sky, it had been her only solace and consistent friend in her travels. No matter where she was, in the night she had always been able to find the constellations that had always been there since she’d first learned of them as a pup.
She sighed, looking back to her Lolita, her driving reason to exist and live, the last remnant she had held of a time where happiness was a plausible thing.

“There were times I thought he’d kill me…” Pippa closed her eyes, and gently shook her head, tears threatened to push their way into the world, her voice shook as she continued, “But he won’t be able to do any of that to you, I promise. He doesn’t even know you’re still alive. I’ll protect you. Please, Loli. Don’t turn me away, not now.”

<style type="text/css">
.pippaeye b {font-weight:bold; color:#321523; letter-spacing:.3px; }
.pippaeyeooc {text-align:left;font-style:italic;font-weight:normal; padding: 0px 10px 0px 10px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px;color:#321523;}
.pippaeye p {text-indent:20px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:10px;}
.pippaeye {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#B86B63; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... leeyes.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #321523; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Verdana; font-size:11px; color:#5E2136; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread