Under the August Sun (J)
[html]
300+

With only a few words from the Commander, Bermuda's anxiety all but dissolved into thin air. Now she was able to wear a wide smile across her face. Her tail wagged wildly behind her. She had accomplished what she had set out to do. She had been lonely and afraid that she would fail before, but now that she had reached her destination, it was like letting the weight of the world slide off of her shoulders. Even though she had faith in herself and in her choice of lifestyle, she had still been so uncertain. Her parents, although completely scattered and backward, had been her guiding lights for the duration of her young life. To be without them, and by choice nonetheless, had been extremely difficult.

"Oh thank you, Savina," she said, feeling less like she was trapped in a corner by her own anxiety. She crept forward just a little bit, eager to learn and to get to know all about this pack. "I promise I won't let you down and I'll grow up as soon as I can." However strange that statement might be, Bermuda did not want to be young for long. She was insecure with her age and did not feel like she amounted for very much. The dark girl wanted to be capable and earn her place in the pack. Perhaps it was driving instinct that led her to that train of thought, but it was her deepest and truest desire.

A little bit of her happy energy waned and she quieted a little bit. Her amber colored eyes rolled to take in the sight of the landlocked pool of water, and then came back to rest on Savina. Shyly, she looked at the Commander and decided to speak her mind. The dark wolf with green eyes seemed kind and willing to be patient. Perhaps she would teach her about this place, and about the things she did not know. "What is that water called? I have never seen water like it before."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread