You'll be the brightest star in the black
[html]
These two need to be close, I think so.

Ember seemed nothing but generous -- and she had always been that way, in her brother's eyes. Her offer was quite exciting to him, bringing to mind images of his children choosing horses of their own, bonding with them. His expression brightened, tail waving a few times in a display of his cheerful gratitude. That would be... amazing. I'd love for my pups to have horses, he spoke brightly, finishing with a sincere Thanks, Ember. He did not know what he had to give her in return, but surely something would come to mind when the time came.

For now, though, they had a different agenda. Well... Kansas began, using his clawed thumb to fumble with the mushrooms. She might judge him for what he was about to say, but, somehow, he felt strong enough to take that risk. If we, er, eat them, they'll make us think differently. He did not know how else to explain what he had read in the plant book he had sought, and found in the library after uncovering the mushrooms in Halifax. The garden growing them was behind one of the houses in the old human residential area. What had possessed him to pick them, he had no idea. They're harmless, though. I was thinking... do you want to eat them with me? The question sounded quite strange to him. But now that he thought about it, his swarthy sister was the only one he could imagine trying the mushrooms with. Tentatively, he held them level to her eyes, so that she could see them for herself.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread