Woe of a wolf
[html]

WC 500+

Turning over the situation in her head one more time, she could only think of one more thing to add. She sensed that her brother was humiliated and fretful about what he did. He was nearly torturing himself over it. Back before the virus it probably wouldn't even have been an issue for a wolf. Yet with the evolution of wolf into Luperci, their kind had developed a far different viewpoint of sex than they had ever known before when they were only semi-sentient wolves, suppressed by the humans that led the world. Ages ago, a wolf had to obtain the alpha’s permission to mate, or worse, could only mate with the/as an alpha, depending upon the pack. Here and now, things worked differently, and Luperci took on more responsibility with mating than ever before.

“There’s nothing to be ashamed of, you know,” she said genuinely. “Not in either situation, I don’t think. The way I see it, you didn’t attack or try to hurt either of these girls. Even if you can’t remember what you did with Lola, if you had hurt her you would have known the next day because she probably would have gotten in a good scratch or bite. Plus, that’s not you, even if you were drunk. And Liliya. . . It’s good that you’re worried about her, but you didn’t do anything wrong. The way I see it, she’s hurting you right now. I ought to hunt her down and drag her back by the scruff for an explanation! Why would she disappear like that? I don’t know, I don’t get it. But even if it’s because of your mating, you still didn’t do anything bad, people freak out over nothing sometimes.” She shrugged and looked away. Her jaw worked as she grinded her molars together, an idle sign that she was immersed in thought.

Why would Liliya do that to Niro? Even if she had gotten cold feet after their time together, she could have said something to him, left a note maybe. But instead she left him to squirm, injured, alone, and confused. Surely she would know by now that something had happened to him and she couldn’t send word? Orin snorted, growing ever more tense and displeased with the Russo who just a moment before she held in high regard. Her fingers twisted together as a thousand and one bad ideas sashayed through her head.

Niro was halfway through whatever he was saying before she realized he was talking. Usually he noticed when she wasn’t listening and jabbed at her in some way to catch her attention, but he was just as sidetracked as she. One ear swiveled towards him and she caught the tail end of it.

“Huh? Oh, yeah. Wait, what?! Months before you can change? And walk?” Her jaw dropped and she gaped at him. Niro was such an active wolf, it was going to drive him stark raving mad! “There’s nothing anyone can do to speed up your healing time? Alaine? Maybe someone in another pack?”

<style type="text/css">
.character-orin-blossom b {font-weight:bold; color:#F7FF00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-orin-blossom .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #ffffff}
.character-orin-blossom p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color:#ffffff; front-family: Georgia;}
.character-orin-blossom {margin:0 auto; width:525px; background-color:#B4BE7F; background-image:url(http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1151/orintableu.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 295px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.character-orin-blossom .separator{width:500px; border-bottom:1px dotted #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto 15px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread