Life's a moving target.
[html]

300+

Savina knew exactly how Anu felt. Being a new mother meant that you didn't have that much time to spend outside of the house. She didn't tend to the plants as her friend so masterfully did, but she loved the feel of the sun on her back and a warm breeze through her fur. Just as her children, she was a spring child and warm weather was always her favorite. Also, her body was ill-prepared for the temperatures that the weather here dropped to in the dark moons of the year. Where she was from in Italy it never got so cold. After the first winter she had hoped she would be able to handle it better, but that hadn't been the case. "That is always my hope," she said with a light chuckle. The longer the cold weather was staved off the better.

As she looked at Alder and his ears fell back she worried that she had done something to upset him in some way, but his tail wagged and it put an end to her fears. Even if she felt she knew him, the notion wasn't necessarily true for the pup as well. As time went on though hopefully he would feel more comfortable in her presence. Savina didn't want anyone in the pack to fear her, especially not her best friend's son. Anu wasn't tuned in to the pastimes of the humans, and neither was the Italian fey usually. In fact before today she hadn't ever heard the word knitting, but know that she knew what it was she could see its use easily. "Yes, hopefully I'll be able to figure it out. It looks a little complicated." The diagrams had appeared as if they were being as clear as they could be, but it still seemed a bit daunting. She would have lots of time to try and master it though.

"Oh, yes, that is a good point. I will keep my eye out for some when I do visit Halifax." Really, they could never worry about having too many blankets. It was always better to have an excess of such things than not enough of them. Anu's comment made her laugh. "There have been quite a few new faces lately, haven't there?" They seemed to come in waves. They would go months without a single newcomer and then they'd be all over the place. "Maybe we should ask some of the men to get some wood for the fireplace as well. Better to stock up now in good weather than have to go out in the snow to find some later." Jazper wouldn't have any problem chopping some logs up.

<style type="text/css">
.savinseashells001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ce9785; letter-spacing:1px; }
.savinseashells001-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6c4a4c; text-align:center;}
.savinseashells001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.savinseashells001 {margin:0 auto; width:366px; background-color:#fff4f2; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ty01-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fcf9f9; padding: 100px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6c4a4c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.savinseashells001-border1 {width:368px; border:1px solid #312424; margin:0 auto;}
.savinseashells001-line1 {width:345px; border-bottom:1px dotted #e5b39d; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread