For Your Wondering
[html]

500+

Despite everything that had gone wrong with their family, and everything that it lacked, Haven was happy with what he did have. He had Anu, and even if both of his other parents had failed and let him down, she never had. It was a little odd, that the one parent he had that had no blood ties to him was the one that had never proved false. It only proved to him that family had little to do with blood. Not when it came down to the core of things. Anu always had and always would mean more to him than either of his birth parents. He knew Mati felt the same way, even if she wasn't quite as close to their adopted mother as he was. Similarly, it didn't matter that their other two siblings had long disappeared from the lands. They still had each other, and really that was all either of them had ever needed. No matter what Haven would always be there for her, and he knew that he would always be able to depend on Mati.

She mostly kept her sights locked on the two pups in her lap as he digested the altering information she had given him. That was probably best, since it took him some time to come to terms with the revelation. He had thought that she liked males, but apparently that had changed. Thankfully their shared background gave them both the ability easily accept such things. Two females together had never seemed odd to him when he was little, and it still didn't seem out of the ordinary now. For the first few months of his life it had been perfectly ordinary. Being raised in the environment he had been, he believed that your heart loved who it loved and it didn't matter what gender or species that person was. As long as you were happy, nothing else mattered.

When things had first started between him and Princess, Mati hadn't had the best opinion of the Chance girl and Haven had spent a lot of time worrying about the relationship between the two. As much as he cared for Princess, he didn't think he could tie himself to someone that his sister didn't like for he didn't want anything to put a rift between them. After Ares had left, things seemed to have changed, and after Mati was able to accept Princess as she was, Haven was able to let his worries slide away and was able to fully commit himself to her. He was as happy as he had ever been and he had always wanted Mati to feel that happiness too. As she spoke of the Marino girl, he could tell that she was feeling that same thing that he felt for Princess. If it hadn't been for their little brothers in their laps, he would have given her a great big hug.

"You don't have to thank me, you know I just want to see you happy," he said with a lopsided grin. Had she really feared he wouldn't be able to accept this? "Of course she is, I mean, come on Mati, what's not to be madly in love with about you?" There was evident humor in his question, but he truly meant every word that he had just said. To him she was absolutely wonderful and deserved nothing but the best. "You'll know when the time is right. You can't rush these things," he assured her. "I'd loved her for a long time before I asked her to be my mate. One day I just knew though, I knew that it was time to take that final plunge. If Cambria loves you as much as you love her, it'll all work out." One thing he believed was that love could conquer anything.

<style type="text/css">
.havenbustclouds b {font-weight:bold; color:#69859A; letter-spacing:.3px; }
.havenbustclouds-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.havenbustclouds p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.havenbustclouds {margin:0 auto; width:406px; background-color:#F7EAE2; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... clouds.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FCFBF2; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A2A9A7; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread