a new chapter [leader needed]
[html]

The jade-green stare of the slightly younger female was unnerving in its coolness. While many wolves could easily control their facial expressions, Timid had never been adept at it unless, oddly enough, she was furious. That was the only time all emotion washed away from her narrow visage. Now, it was full of uncertainty. It didn’t make sense that the girl would be furious with her, but that might well be the case. She didn’t know how welcoming these large packs were to worthless loners.

“Nice name,” the sandy-brown luperci remarked, and she didn’t bother to offer her own name in return. It bothered the hybrid, but she wouldn’t dare bring it up.

“Phoenix Valley,” Timid echoed when she heard the pack name. Her ears pricked as she looked across the lands again. It was a lovely name, and the place seemed lovely as well in the late summer atmosphere. She smiled, deciding that this was fitting. She had heard rumors of the many luperci packs during her travels, but she couldn’t bother to remember the names. While this one was very vaguely familiar, it didn’t bring any memories. This could have been any of them.

She was about to ask more questions when the pack wolf bluntly asked why the hybrid had called at the borders. Heat flushed under her fur, and she dipped her head quickly in an awkwardly jerky, apologetic motion.

“I was… I mean… I’ve recently left my family group.” She hesitated, wondering how much would be relevant or interesting enough for the stranger to listen through. “I was curious to learn about the packs, and I m-might be interested in joining—if Phoenix Valley would have me,” she added quickly, trying not to let her doubt show. But, once again, her face betrayed her, and she cursed herself for acting like a fool in front of this girl.

<style type="text/css">
.timid-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a45607; letter-spacing:1px;}
.timid-a01 i {font-weight:italic; color:#a45607; letter-spacing:1px;}
.timid-a01 .ooc {padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.timid-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:10px;}
.timid-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:460px; background-color:#d7a96e; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/2vmj2jb.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 400px 0px 50px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#835e30; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread