you ate my voice like sugar-coated sour
[html]

it's all good with me! poor Rio ;~; 500+

Adrenaline and anger fueled his strength and made the journey from Phoenix Valley back to Cour des Miracles easy. Usually carrying someone that distance, even his slight sister, would have put a great strain on his muscles but at the current time he didn't even feel the burn her weight caused. His mind was singularly fixed upon taking her somewhere safe and the safest place he could take her was her home. He hadn't been able to protect her in Phoenix Valley, but under his own roof no harm would come to her. If anyone dared to try they would quickly find a sword at their throat. The Knight had killed before to protect someone he loved and he would do it again in a heartbeat if he had to. There was no question in his mind about that.

Every so often her hands would grasp him more tightly and at those time his pace would slow until she seemed more comfortable again. Jade eyes looked down at her with the helplessness of knowing he could do nothing to ease her pain. He couldn't even imagine what she was going through. It had to be horrific though, and it might the fire in his gut flare up high every time he thought on it. Her own brother had done this to her. The Knight had to suppress a growl that threatened to spring up from his chest. Haven didn't care if the male was his own blood, he had forfeit whatever protection that gave him when he had placed a hand on Rio. He was scum, and if their paths ever crossed Haven would teach him the error of his ways. Brutally.

A sigh of relief was released from his lungs as his small beach home came into view. When they reached the front porch he stopped and waited until his little sister was ready to be put down. She held tightly to his neck as he placed her feet on the floor. Almost as quickly as her toes had touched down a fox appeared seemingly out of nowhere and frantically ran about her. Haven watched quietly as Rio picked the fox up and nuzzled against it. It must be her friend, he quickly deduced, and let them have their small moment of comfort together. Then she looked back to him, asking what she should do now. For a moment he found himself dumbfounded, not knowing what to suggest after what she had been through. The Knight steeled himself quickly though, knowing he needed to be strong for her sake. "I think you should stay here Rio, with me and my mate. You'll be safe here." He leaned down a little to look her directly in her soft lavender eyes. "I won't let anyone hurt you, not ever again." It was his promise to her, and it was really all he could do for her at this point. Hopefully she could find some security in it. Of course he couldn't forbid her from going back to Phoenix Valley, but he sincerely hoped that she would decide to stay here. The man would worry endlessly if she didn't.

<style type="text/css">
.havensad01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#9f9677; letter-spacing:1px; }
.havensad01ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Palatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#515149; text-align:right;}
.havensad01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.havensad01 {margin:0 auto; width:384px; background-color:#0b100f; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... lone01.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #515149; padding: 240px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Palatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#515149; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread