From the Morning springs New Life
[html]

table © Alli
Anann? sorry, thought I'd post so as not to hold things up :3
wc: 300+

She noticed at once Heath's reluctance to leave the side of his mate, and privately considered that a very considerate thing. It seemed obvious that the male planned to stick the labor out, and she secretly congratulated him for that. Ruri, however, had no choice in the matter, and she was Alaine's primary concern. As the healer began to set herself up, putting towels on the ground where she could kneel on them near to Ruri's distended stomach, the approach of two more pack members momentarily distracted calm emerald eyes. The Apothecary glanced briefly up at the newcomers, greeting Haven with a quick but welcoming smile, and the beautiful lady beside him with a slight nod. She didn't know the lady's name, but any assistance and comfort to Ruri was welcome here.

However, it seemed that none of them knew what to do. Bemused by the way they stood about, Alaine sighed quietly, her emerald eyes returning to the soon-to-be-mother. Ruri was racked by another harsh contraction, and the healer immediately snapped back into her professional mindset. Heath didn't want to leave his mate's side, but he could be useful right here. "Heath, would you mind squeezing in behind her? If you massage her lower back, it'll ease the contractions somewhat." She spoke in a soothing, calm voice, smiling at the soon-to-be father, who looked a little frazzled by his current situation. Then, speaking loudly so that the others in the room might hear, she continued:

"I'd appreciate it if someone could heat up some water to wash the babes in, when they come. Also, I'm going to need some of the rags," She gestured to the pile she'd brought, still mostly unused, "Dipped in the heated water, please. Quickly, if you may!" Her hands hesitantly moved over Ruri's stomach, feeling the positioning of the children therein. Hopefully, nature would take it's course, and the silver collie-lady would be able to deliver her children mainly without the healer's aid. However, if there were any slight difficulties, Alaine knew what she was doing. "You're doing great, Ruri. Wont be long now - just concentrate on your pups. The pain wont last... Tell me if it gets unbearable."

<style type="text/css">
.alaine001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f6f7cc; letter-spacing:1px; }
.alaine001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#eeeeee; text-align:right;}
.alaine001 p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.alaine001 {margin:0 auto; width:345px; background-color:#aba2c1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ine001.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #52466c; padding: 0px 0px 160px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#eeeeee; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread