Just had to wander home
[html]
OOC: Why thank you. I hope to uphold the standards here, which are nicely high. Now, to fix up some communication that I didn't quite get right in the initial post. Much sorry to Jassy - Drey will not be a bad father!

IC:

As soon as Ascher turned his head back to the darkening lands of Dahlia and away from the diminishing form of his father he heard call responding to their presence. Granted, it seemed to come from a distance, but the call was clear and invoked an authority that assured the young wolf. He again looked back to see his father, but oddly enough, he had vanished. Given the fact that a dense forest lay off to Ashcer's side, perhaps father had darted off there. Maybe not, all Ascher knew was that he was alone right now.

Alone because he was not strong enough. Not enough to go with father. No matter how he assured him and rationalized it, Ascher was not able to accompany him; such a shortcoming hit the youngster like a blow. He could not fathom what was swirling around in his father's mind, so he had to substitute some sort of reasoning in its stead. And so the pup laid his head on his paws and mused silently. The time passed interminably, but the boy felt a set of eyes on him which he quested for in the darkness. He did not feel as if he were in danger - rather, more like he was simply being looked after. A small small seemed to creep onto Ascher's features as he imagined his father yet looking after him even though he had to be some distance away by now.

The almost yelp that came from in front of the brown and black puppy startled him out of his reverie. Standing now in front of him was... Conor Soul. Pack alpha, that was a good sign. He was a good sign. Standing up, Ascher tucked his tail down and kept his head low - he felt like interrupting Conor right before bed time (Ascher himself wanted to burrow in right about now, come to think of it) required the respect he had been learning lately. "Mr. Conor, hello, Ascher began. And then a yawn punctuated his speech, making the puppy look very much his age. Oblivious to that, Ascher continued, "Father told me that it was wrong to uproot me and make me go with him. So he brought me back here, where everyone else is. He said something about growing up with others. Maybe he'll come back, but I don't know. He didn't tell me." Suddenly thinking that this whole situation could be much deeper than Ascher knew how to perceive, he added, "You're not mad, are you?" The youngster looked a little worried when he said it; he did not want to make Conor mad.

Off in the distant trees, Dreyrugr nodded at Conor's arrival and with a heavy heart turned away from Dahlia de Mai once again.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread