The Blind Can See
[html]

Ralla's last post for this thread! Big Grin/XS Note: Ralla does later leave the necklace at Chief Dawali's place.

Like before, her heart stopped. All movement ceased to be as Ralla's heart thumped loud in her chest. Too many times that day had she felt the strong foreboding overcoming her now, and too many times was she reminded of what she tried so hard to forget.

Kemo's words of his Aunty then, his mention of 'seers', of how she was one... She wanted no one from her ex-tribe to know she was there. She had never dreamed that they would find her exact location, or that they would endeavor to reclaim a traitorous ex-Shaman-who-never-was. It was not just the fear of loneliness that hunted Ralla now; it was the fear of facing her family, seeing their disappointed faces, possible-death, humiliation...and losing the family she had now.

All this emotion stirred up by a loner wolf who had traveled north and had come upon Ralla by chance.

What horrible test is this, moon? Is it punishment for abandoning my tribe...? But you must understand; you gave me a duty I could not fill. With a steely gaze she turned to Kemo; it was a stare that she had never used nor he could see. But she willed it to pierce his heart and let him know her intentions and feelings. His mention of a wolfess gone with only a memory of an illness was so alike to the death of her mother that it tore down the barricade that had kept that memory at bay for so long. Her mother...Died before I was even half a year old... From sickness, without a body to be found. It scared her that there was the possibility that Kemo had seen her mother's ghost. But that was impossible.

The dead don't come back... So why does it seem like she has?

"You need to leave now, Kemo..." The words were harsh to someone she had just met earlier than morning and whom she had planned to have a kinship with. She had thought that, with their both being from the same ex-tribe, they would have enough in common to form a reminiscing bond. But no; she should have know that having anyone from long ago close to her then would be dangerous; against any advice she would've given to a wolf in her position. "I'm sorry... Please leave, AniWaya. I... You ask too much, Kemo. Much that I...cannot answer. Understand." As an afterthought through the haze of her clouding fear, she added: "I will seek you out at a later date. Maybe then...maybe I can answer more of your questions. But now is too soon. Too soon..." She was repeating more of the words to herself than Kemo. Her voice, stance, and stare were firm, even as her heart fluttered like a bird. She did not want to chase him away; but she had no choice. It was the right thing...for now.

Then she began to back away. Stubborn as she was, fast as she was, and caring as she was, Ralla was not strong, could not run from what was right in front of her, and could not place herself in such an obvious state of danger without just cause. Time away from Kemo would give her time to think and process. She clenched her hands around her satchel and the necklace that was meant for Chief Dawali. She didn't even remember at that point that Kemo may need help getting off of the AniWaya lands. As the memory of her mother and her tribe attacked her, her heart and body did as they always had, despite the recurring uselessness:

They ran away.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks

<style type="text/css"> .ral b {font-weight:bold; color:#6e72eb; letter-spacing:1px; } .ral .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#898c99; padding-top:500px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ral p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #4f52a6} .ral {margin:0 auto; width:374px; background-color:#1f2b55; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /ralla.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Lou!
[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread