Crossing into Forbidden Land
Thanks, I enjoyed reading your post as well. So far I've found all the answers I've needed through out the forum. I will definitely keep that in mind though.

-----

Now resting in a laying position, kill nested between his two front limbs, Zephyr gorged himself, content as could be. He had to wonder when it was that he last ate. This was a question he'd asked himself several times in the past, unfortunately. It was his reasoning for tracking the rodent down for such an extended period of time. The pup could never be sure when he would taste another morsel. He had learned to take what he could, and never assume something better would cross his path. With his muzzle buried within the internals of the hare, he failed to indicate the scent that was all too close for comfort.

However, Zephyr's twin peaks did not simply give him a distinct appearance. Their large size permitted him the keen ability to pick up on the slightest vibrations. His ears shifted and his jaws instananeously removed themselves from the bloodied sight. The motionless prey dropped to the ground as Zephyr rose to his fours. The tip of his tail twitched as it curled inward between his hind legs. Their eyes would meet at that moment. The creature appeared to be some type of wolf, yet its form was oddly misshapened, or so it appeared in this pup's optics.

This mutt was still young yet, and could not accurately decide on how he should have reacted to her presense. "You have trespassed into Crimson Dreams' territory. Is there something I can help you with?" The defiance in him was lucid as he sent a piercing glare in her direction. Zephyr hesitated, denying the strong desire to collect his kill and evacuate the area in a hurry. His eyes glanced down at her paws briefly before returning them to her gaze. From his brief visual examination, this creature was forbidding weight on one of her hind legs. Obtaining this knowledge made his yerning stronger within, as he was sure he could outrun her.

Now, a 'smart' canine would probably roll onto its side and reveal its submissive nature. There was no doubt it was the brightest decision for Zephyr now, since he had ventured into territory that was claimed by this femme's pack. However Zephyr's intelligance was something to be questioned. A violent exhale rushed from his nostrils before he spoke. "You don't scare me." His voice had a boyish tone, hardly able to be distinguished as brute-like. His attitute also revealed he had the mind of a mere pup, as he turned his chin up to her.

Anyone who had spent a long enough time in Zephyr's company would know he was not to be taken seriously. He'd been known to make meaningless threats and demanded that he was to be alpha of his own pack, which he insisted would reign on these lands once he was older. For now, he was a young teen with a smug personality. "I don't need your help with anything. Your territory or not, I'm finishing my meal." He snapped. Zephyr's head would turn just slightly, but he would keep his eyes on the femme who stood a short distance away. He would watch her carefully as he gradually lowered his head, intending on continuing his feast.

Messages In This Thread