he believed in forgiveness
[html]

Hi, I'm back. I'm sorry love. Want me to postdate this a little to make it more up to date?

Perhaps it was the sudden changes that had taken a toll on him most. He had not noticed weariness in his eyes, the bags that hung there beneath; so much had happened in such little time that it bent his back and weighed his shoulders while at the same time relieving him of such weights. Perhaps it was that consequent peace of mind that allowed him those blissful, sporadic naps once more—a few months ago he had been at war with the love of his life while his adopted daughter danced her life away in an unknown place. He had worried endlessly for them both, and in the end both had somehow returned to the undeserving idiot. The Patriarch counted his blessings. Geneva was back. They had a son, a chance for Jefferson to redeem himself, even in the least. Addison was alive and well with an addition of her own for the family. Phoenix Valley thrived.

"Hello, Patriarch." With the added, sudden weight on his lap, Jefferson dimly blinked awake his single eye and peered green into her. A smile touched at his scarred lips; it seemed eternities since she'd drawn so close. "Well, look at you," the man said, admiring the sunlight in her eyes, the way she beamed like she had so many months back before the accident. It was, perhaps, like that fall had never happened. They had never ran through the rain, he carrying her broken and bloody body. They had never fought in the ranch house, then separated. And yet, as the leader brought his tattered fingers to cup her face, Jefferson knew the experience had only brought them closer together. Sleep still lingering in his eyes, he bent forward to kiss at her neck, then reclined once more. "No Pripyat today, hmm?"

<style>
.jefferson p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.jefferson b {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic; font-size:12px;}
.jefferson {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#e9dccb; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #88653a; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#9c7341; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #372b1b; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... table2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:195px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread