It's not what you know, it's who you know
[html]

Theo

She felt as if she were out of shape from the amount of fatigue she was feeling from the task. The tool really wasn't that heavy, and she felt as if she shouldn't have been that tired. Ember had been spending more and more time in her lupus form in the days and weeks past, and as she sat and rested she thought about that. Perhaps she wasn't using her muscles as much when she was in that form, or wasn't using them in the same way that she had in the past. Before her pregnancy, four or five months ago, she had been in the best shape of her life. The wolf had trained each and every day with weights and had used her sword or axe on a regular basis.

A voice broke her from her thoughts, and her muzzle tilted upward so that she could take a look at the one who had addressed her. He smelled like an AniWayan, but there was another underlying scent that was slightly foreign. Perhaps he was a newer member, or had just returned from a trip outside of the lands. Ember rarely left the tribelands these days. She stood up, using the long tool as a support, and nodded. "Guess so. I was takin' a break...been at it for a while. Figured it was somethin' needin' done before the first frost...don't want the stuff gettin' moldy. It'd be of no use then. My horse is 'round here somewhere...the lazy beast was gonna help me pull it all back to the barn when I was done." She said. "You got a horse here?"

At the words "lazy beast", a whinny sounded from behind her. Ember gave a small smile as her appaloosa approached from around the other side of the stable, the horse head-butting her shoulder as he neared. "Don't think he took well t'me callin' him that" She said, looking back at him. Ember had hooked up a contraption in her stallion's stall so that he could let himself out whenever he wanted out, and he made regular use of it. The horse was smart enough to know to go inside when it was raining or cold, as well.

<style type="text/css">
.ember .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:right; font-size:11px; padding:3px; color:#000000}
.ember .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:3px; color:#346324}
.ember b {font-weight:bold; color:#284d5b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ember {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#66c0ff; background-image:url(http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9586/emberbottom.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 280px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread