when I smile, tell me some bad news
[html]

300+

There had not been anything she could do, she knew deep within herself. The last puppy to be born had shared her birth sac with her sister Foxglove, and it seemed that sharing it had robbed the smaller girl of her life. She had been the least lively since birth; perhaps the Monroe woman should have expected this to happen. Her own state of afterlife should have been enough of an indicator that her pups may not be the healthiest, but she had been trying to take care of herself for as long as she knew about her pregnancy. She had stopped smoking, and had surprisingly continued to walk, and she had stopped drinking. She had done everything she could think of for the benefit of the puppies in her womb, and still it had not been enough in the end.

Large ears swiveled sharply at the sound of Conor’s approach, though she did not turn. There was too much pain in her heart, her body feeling weak and heavy, as if she could not move it. Her alpha moved closer, asking the expected question, and still she did not turn, jade eyes staring at the ground unfocused. “I don’t know… She was not lively when born. I woke this morning, and she… She was gone. Just like that. Just like her only brother, robbed of life before he was even born. Their three sisters… They’ll never know them,” she said, her voice sounding hollow to her own ears. This felt unreal to her, and the pain was more than she could even think to handle. The pain of it was not expected; she had never planned for these puppies, but she had loved them as if she did. “I’ll never know them,” she whispered, closing her eyes tightly. Orchid and Iris would never be able to know their mother or feel her touch, and she would never know theirs. It was not fair.

<style>
.lolita-city1 b {color:#C30303; font-weight:bold; }
.lolita-city1 p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.lolita-city1 {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#444444; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#000000; padding:10px 0px 220px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/lolita.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread