grass is greener
[html]
ooc;; <3

Laying on his back in the middle of the vineyard, Saul allowed his imagination to wander away from reality. Clouds drifted to and fro, uncertain of the way the wind actually blew and deciding to go whever they pleased. Green eyes witnessed a fluffy tailed rabbit leap over fluffy logs and under fluffy bushes. He watched a stag trot happily across the sky, its fawns from that season playing by his hooves. A beaver made a snap at the rabbit as it slipped and nearly destroyed the fluffy dam it had been making. Several trees grew from nowhere, bringing with it a host of birds and monkeys that made the young Stormbringer giggle. A flopped paw made a half hearted attempt to bat the clouds away, knowing full well that they were too far away for him to reach. He didnt hear the stumbling pawsteps of another until the wavering voice broke through to him.

Twisting his head back the other way, still belly up, Saul saw the tiniest puppy he had ever seen in his life. From the cute, feminine voice that had asked him who he was, Saul cleverly deduced that this puppy was female. She was a light grey from head to tail, her naturally-born blue eyes just starting to darken to a green that would be very similar to Saul's own shade. She wobbled on her feet, obviously unused to using them for any periods of time. But she seemed adventurous, brave enough to escape her mother and come exploring, despite her still apparent dependency on her. Taking a deep breath, Saul tried to tell if she smelt like anyone he had met. He didnt recognise the smell, and she didnt smell like the jumbled mix of scents a pack member would- she was very new.

"I--"

He was just about to answer her question, legs waggling in the air to try and right himself when the same question came again. This one's voice was deeper, older. Green eyes collided with a tall optime form, two squirming balls already in her arms. She scooped the third, grey pup, up and squashed them together to get a better hold on them. They looked uncomfortable, but then again Saul could understand a mothers need to protect her brood. With a struggle, Saul righted himself and stood up. Grapes and the juices they produced sloshed in his belly and he almost threw up the contense before gazing up at the lady. She looked wary, and for that he was mildly confused. Yes, she wanted to keep her babies safe, but he was a pack member. It was only then that he remembered that it was only his fifth day in Dahlia- he wouldnt have that collective smell of wolves any more than her children did. Dipping his head politely, Saul began again.

"I'm sorry to startle you, miss. My name is Saul Stormbringer, Bris's nephew. I only just got back... I was lost not long ago."

He explained simply, hoping to cover the fact that he didnt smell all that well of Dahlia. His let his whip-like tail shift back and forward, a tentative smile on his muzzle. Despite his wagging tail, his ears flickered back and he lowered himself into a laying position once more, belly down this time. He was showing simple signs of submission, easily read by someone of her rank.

word count;; 565

"speech"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread