Discoverys and new beginnings
[html]
astryd

599w. (5) Thankies =D yush its pretty. Anna made it for me ^^ <3

Taking a deep breath she cantered herself, attempting to draw some of the excess emotion back into its jar. To hide it back beneath her fur so to speak. Her emotional turmoil didn’t help in meeting someone new. But his honey soft words of patience and peace made her want to melt and snuggle close to him. A soft smile drew to her lips and her tail flicked back and forth gently, her amber hued eyes gazing into his as though trying to figure out if there were anything beyond this unparalleled kindness. Her heart still hammered in its fragile cage, quickly pushing the blood and oxygen required to keep the unit that was Astryd standing, and at this point in meeting this fellow, it seemed to be more than usual. She could hear her pulse thundering in her ears.

“Conor, I am alone in this world completely. My leg as you noticed makes it difficult for me to hunt properly. I have gotten by until now with scavenging and hunting what small game I could manage to trick. This all must seem a little fast and daunting, but I would so humbly like a place to stay. I am loyal, I won’t hurt anyone you have my word. ” She said softly drawing a deep breath trying to keep her emotions in check. She wasn’t weak; she’d been through a hell of a lot to get where she was. But this was a new experience for her, and his masculine scent that drifted into her nostrils so wonderfully wasn’t helping with her concentration span. She then softly added “The skills I have to offer in return for warmth and safety are few, but I am loyal and have some basic understanding of treating wounds and I am good at tracking prey.” She said simply as though her skills didn’t count for much.

She felt as though she were propositioning him with an offer he couldn’t accept. After all who was she? An unknown injured female, no claim to ancestory, limited skills and an obvious social anxiety issue. She fought her mind with rigor and attempted to hold her self-doubt at bay. He hadn’t said no yet she thought. But he hadn’t said yes either. Was this normally how things were done? You simply turn up and after some heart melting glances from a handsome wolf you asked if he would mind sheltering you and taking you into his pack as another mouth to feed.

It was those velvet violet eyes of fiery compassion that she wanted to melt into, they made her want to trust him. To want to reach out. She wanted to feel the warmth of his fur against her own, telling her everything was going to be ok and that she wasn’t a complete and utter burden to whoever took her. Did she actually want that? Or was it just her rushing hormones speaking. Either way she felt herself soar in ways she hadn’t really experienced before. Did his heart race at all? She thought not. This was after all his lands and no doubt he had some dashing princess that held his heart. She would simply have to withdraw her emotional reserve before she let herself become more attached. If only it were that easy.

What on earth was she thinking? She had exchanged what, less than 2 sentences with him and now she was considering if he had a mate? He would surely want someone with more, class and wisdom per say then the anxious strange female that turns up on his borders!

<style>
.astryd-a01 .at-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.astryd-a01-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; color:#b17e19; text-shadow:#000000 0px 2px 5px; 2px}
.astryd-a01 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.astryd-a01 b {color:#d48b00; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.astryd-a01 {background-color:#80755b; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... _Table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #Ffffff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0d0c08; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; }
.astryd-a01-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.astryd-a01 .at-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ffffff; margin:0px auto;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread