The rose and the thorn.
[html]

ooc: I think I'm bringing these tables back in style! ;D xD

"Nope, jus' passin' through. Thought I'd ransack this village and the pack's resources b'fore, ya know, I skedaddled." Skye glanced at him suspiciously; he seemed to keep a straight face. He had to be joking. And just as Skye knew it, his face broke into an enormous grin and he started to laugh uncontrollably once more, the loud sounds echoing across the entire town. Skye couldn't help but grin herself at the ridiculous but still funny joke he'd told.

"Course I'm new. Maker 'n seller of oddities and commodities, I am! Among other things."

That was interesting. So was Ouija - or, at least, sort of. Ouija made the strange things, such as animal pelts and unusual markings on his pelt, but he didn't sell them, as far as Skye knew. 'Oddities and commodities' - it was a jumbling, strange motto, but it did have a certain ring to it. The coywolf went on; "And I might be able to interest ya in some things I've got fer sale. I'd even give ya a good deal."

Uh, oh. Skye flattened one ear and looked at Bangle queerly, raising an eyebrow. A salesman, was he? In Skye's experience, they were swindling, always attempting to charm you into buying something you didn't need. And that little wink didn't help soothe Skye's doubts about this charismatic coywolf. How old was he, even?

"Yer a writer there, lass? Or is that a love note to yer special someone?"

His unexpected words pulled her out of her trance and she looked at him, a smile pulling at her lips. "Oh, yes," she said, her eyes shining. "It's for my one true love!" She snorted a laugh. "But, really, I am a writer."

<style>
.sunskye p {padding:5px 5px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.sunskye b {color:#431200; font-family:georgia; font-weight:bold;}
.sunskye-text {margin:12px 7px 10px 40px; padding:5px; width:350px; height:200px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.7; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #431200;}
.sunskye {width:451px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/jzaams.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#7E0E00; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #C78208; min-height:339px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread