Sophie says she's really tryin'
+3
[html]

He remained motionless, the bottles still held idly at his side while he struggled to remain balanced. Silas had easily downed the liquor, wincing at the taste he still didn’t find enjoyable (but bearable) until a good portion was gone. Upon leaving the store he was still in good wits, but his actions had easily snuck up on him. Pale eyes concentrated hard on the mismatching pair before him, and subconsciously he found it hard to stay standing straight. "Eet’s nice. Never zeen zhem before." She moved on to compliment the pale blue eyes he had inherited from his father, and Silas shook his head in response. Perhaps too fast, for the world still seemed to tilt a bit even after he had stopped nodding his head. "Nice, ya."

She seemed like a nice girl, Silas decided. She had to be somewhere close to his age, though perhaps a bit younger. It made him think of Liliya, and he frowned a bit. Why had his sister left him all alone? Why would she do that to him? "Vell, mine fazher ees not a coyote. 0 процентов койот. But mine mozher, she ees all coyote." Dramatically, the boy swooped both hands (still clutching bottles) towards his chest. "So you see, I am собака: a mutt." He took a step forwards, when his balance seemed to sway too much, and found his footing wasn’t stable. Stumbling slightly, Silas decided to settle onto the nearest curb and let the bottle rest on the crumbling concrete beside him. He patted the ground in invitation for the girl if she so chose.

"I ‘ave not seen eyes like zhese before, except een mine family." Who knew if other coyotes had them or not. Taking a deep breath to stabilize himself, he continued, "I leeve een Inferni," explaining the reasoning behind her earlier comment. "But ебут, I don’t know vhy I stay here eef mine family ees gone now." He sighed, then found the mismatched color of her eyes again. And, as if he had suddenly realized he was desperately lonely, he asked: "You stay and have a drink vith me, ya? Eet ees Russian vodka; zhe very best."

table by kahilli
<style>
.silas-kahilli p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.silas-kahilli b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.silas-kahilli {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#265B6C; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:400px; background-color:#97C3D1; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #8FB4BF; background-image:url(http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm10 ... lastop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:265px; text-align:justify; }
.silas-kahilli-credit {width:400px; font-size:9px; font-family:georgia; style:italics; text-align:right; }</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread