The rose and the thorn.
[html]

Skye tilted her head. It seemed a bit lopsided, that was true - the left side had been protected, while the right side was...shabby. Worn from the storms, she bet. She could help Bangle emend it later. And it seemed that he didn't mind, in fact, he made another joke, and let his laughing float through the air again. And, like last time, Skye found the laughter contagious, and began to laugh herself.

Then he asked a curious question that made Skye think for a second; "But I don' have anythin' fer trade that's equal ta' this." What did he mean by that, exactly? It puzzled Skye for a few seconds until she realized that he wanted to pay for the house. She began to laugh; it wasn't a loud laugh like Bangle's, but a soft giggle that sounded a bit like bells. She smiled at him. "It's not mine," she said, "and I doubt the human that owned it before wants payment now." She giggled again and went on. "Nope! You can have it for free, Bangle." She didn't believe in selling things that weren't hers - and, after all, what would she want that she couldn't just forage from the forest or get from her own house? She would only ever claim one house, after all - there was no need for any more than that.

She peeked through the house's windows; it was really pretty, the wooden house, even if it wasn't as sturdy as a stone one. But with this tree? It was as good as. "Let's see if th' former owner left anythin' good inside, eh?" Bangle said, nodding towards the house, and she nodded.

<style>
.sunskye p {padding:5px 5px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.sunskye b {color:#431200; font-family:georgia; font-weight:bold;}
.sunskye-text {margin:12px 7px 10px 40px; padding:5px; width:350px; height:200px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.7; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #431200;}
.sunskye {width:451px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/jzaams.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#7E0E00; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #C78208; min-height:339px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread