Only a Memory Away
[html]<style type="text/css">#erinaugust{width:450px; margin:auto; background-color:#200d04; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... otable.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top; border:3px solid #9d835b;}#erinaugust .ooc{color:#7b6749; float:right; font-style:italic;}#erinaugust p{color:#694910; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; margin:8px;}#erinaugust b{color:#d12510;}</style>
Her defenses are breaking down :o 300+

The large man seemed incredibly intrigued by the fact that she had come to this place by sea. Perhaps there really weren't many foreigners here. Tsukiko, despite not having explored much of this place, was fairly confident that there were no others here from the orient, as she was. "Yes, for over a month. I come from Japan." She didn't bother asking if he knew of her homeland. The chances were extremely slim that he did; if he somehow did know, then she would be impressed. This place was primitive compared to her home. Well, compared to any other place she had been to. Even the port city she had landed at had had some semblance of civilization. This penninsula though, for the most part, seemed very wild.

This Shawchert, he was a leader and yet he was also an artisan? That seemed so very odd to her. No more odd than many of the other things she had come to see and experience here, but strange nonetheless. The division of labor was quite clear in Japan. Nobility would at times dabble in the arts, but they were more hobbies than anything. "I do not know him well, but," she paused, remembering back to her meeting with Dahlia's alpha. "He is a kind man, understanding. He does not particularly like acting as a leader. I mean, he does not enforce his position. That is really all I know of him." From that one meeting she knew she liked and respected the man, but she could not claim to know him well. Perhaps her vague description would be enough for this carver-king though.

When the moonlit fey questioned if he had been the creator of the music she had heard, she could see his pride evident in his eyes. Shawchert was a leader, a carver, and a flutist? It was quite the resume. "Your talents range far and wide, it seems," she said with a little bit of amusement in her light voice. Shawchert brought out his instrument and Tsukiko looked at it with concealed interest. It was not a particularly pretty thing, but she had heard the noise it produced herself and there was nothing to complain of as far as sound went. Then the man laid another flowered compliment upon her and she felt the heat in her face rise up again. The Shimazu was wary of flattery, knowing it could be used as a deadly weapon. However, nothing about this man seemed deceptive or false.

It was the song he began to play that truly caught her attention. The lovely, longed for music seeped in through her ears and she could feel her well preserved mask start to melt ever so slightly. Her smile grew as he played, and there was a light that came into her cerulean eyes that had not been seen there in many moons.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread