a time to chase
[html]

So sorry for the long wait! I've been super busy. Sad WC: 630

Kesho Maisha

Kesho was quite confused, but thoroughly intrigued, by this young boy. He watched and listened, quiet and contemplative, as the child spoke. He spoke few words, clearly having some trouble translating his native tongue. It was times like this when the bronze coyote wished he had taken some time to learn other languages; he knew it would've made the young canine more comfortable. He didn't seem too shy, however, and soon was conversing freely. He mentioned something about their tails, which Kesho shook off after briefly trying to understand. He resigned this odd statement once again to the boy being unable to correctly translate his meaning. The older male raised an eyebrow when the boy said "Blitzen", whilst pointing his furred fingers at the young animal. So he had given it a name. Well, that was interesting for sure. Kesho had never really understood the fascination with having a pet, as they seemed to be called. He had known others who had kept an animal by their side, given it a name, and even seemed to be able to communicate somewhat with them, but he'd never really been as curious about it as he was now. Perhaps it was the boys strange mannerisms that gave the situation more of a sparkle than some others he had been involved in. As the boy comforted the animal, Kesho noted the slight anxiety on the creature's face: it was clear that he wasn't fully comfortable in the presence of predators like himself. It was as it should be, though; it was probably a good thing that the animal still retained those survival instincts, however slight.

"See, he thinks I'll eat him, too." He stepped slightly closer to the animal, presenting himself as friendly as he possibly could, trying to ignore his own instincts to attack the creature. Mmm...fresh meat, and it'd be so easy to kill, too! That boy wouldn't be able to hurt us, Kesho! The voice inside his head snarled hungrily. Kesho himself wasn't in any dire need of sustenance, however. No, thanks. I don't need you telling me when I'm hungry. He responded inwardly, hoping to silence the beast for the time being. It was quite annoying, after all.

As the young boy spoke again, Kesho realized with great surprise that he didn't know what a wolf was. Eyebrows raised in shock, the coyote considered this. Were they not telling the stories anymore? What about the rivalries between the packs and the clan? Surely there were still some. There was no way that this boy couldn't know what a wolf was. Sure he was young, but...to be that ignorant when they lived so close to the wolf packs? Hmm.

"You don't know what a wolf is?" Kesho asked, just to be sure. "They're the ones that live in packs...They're quite a bit bigger than us, and usually very strong and muscular. In the past, they never liked us. I'm not sure of our relations with them now, but I can't assume that everything is simply peachy." He wondered whether or not this child would be capable of understanding all that he was saying, but hoped that he would. "A wolf might even eat your pet just out of spite of us. Then again, even a coyote might mistake him for a meal..." He trailed off, not wanting to make the boy afraid to lose his pet, but simply make him cautious of where he takes him. "It might not be best to take him everywhere with you, if you want to keep for a while, that is. I'd be a bit more wary." He gave the boy a small smile. For some reason, Kesho was growing fond of him-- despite his lack of knowledge and general odd behavior.

<style>
.kesho-spiralstair p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.kesho-spiralstair b {color:#FFE8A2;}
.kesho-spiralstair-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.kesho-spiralstair-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFE8A2; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.kesho-spiralstair-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/Hogwarts/gifts/2010oct/kesho2.png); height:211px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#EBDCBB;}
.kesho-spiralstair-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.kesho-spiralstair {background-color:#CAB482; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/Hogwarts/gifts/20 ... sho2bg.gif); padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EBDCBB; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#766236; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread