The Antlered One
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: <3 last one before I leave for the week :3

She felt oddly comfortable, leaning against his side. It was strange, because Caillen had always had a certain problem with women; They made him uncomfortable and clumsy, especially when they were as pretty as the jackal. It was a boy thing, a Romeo thing, which made him do and say stupid things. Maybe it was because he was so tired, that Sepirah wasn't sending him into his usual embarrassing antics, or maybe it was because he'd just learned a horrible truth from the man he'd considered to be his father. In either case, it was actually rather soothing to be able to sit in the dark with a complete stranger, and gaze out at the storm.

When she moved against his arm, Caillen smiled slightly. It was the first time he'd smiled since his meeting with Daisuke, and it felt strange on his face. However, Sepirah felt nice against his side, and the youth continued to allow her to snuggle into him. He question broke the silence of the dungeon, and Caillen was quiet for a moment before replying. "Yeah... It does."

Outside, the storm thrashed about, throwing lightning and grumbling thunder. But inside, they were safe and warm. He knew the feeling wouldn't last - Come tomorrow morning he would have to leave this place, and go back to the territory he used to think of as home, to confront his mother. The thought made him solemn, and the manchild unwittingly shifted closer to the ebony lady.

"Sepirah..." Her name was very pretty, but it sounded strange in his gaelic accent, "Why did you help me? You dinnae even know who I am. Why did you nae chase me away?" He wanted desperately to know why she'd shown him this kindness, when the rest of the world had suddenly seemed to turn it's back on the vagabond boy.

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread