Battle of the Weeds
[html]

3 points

She detected a look of shock on the woman’s face and wondered just what it was for. Of course, somewhere in Orin’s mind she knew this garden was important to the woman, but she didn’t realize that every last plant was so special, and that she had just come so close to undoing some of Skye’s hard work. Though the woman’s expression soon turned to relief as Orin moved to the center of the garden, so she took that as a signal that she should stay put, and made a mental note to plant her feet for the time being.

“Gardening?” That ever present quirked brow of Orin’s began to arch again, and she began quickly thumbing through her journal. Again she opened the tome to the page that had been marked for her map and flipped a couple pages. Kneeling, she propped the book on her knee and jotted something on a page before looking back to Skye. “Like farming? I met someone who does this before, but she didn’t have a patch. She picked from wild plants. Hmm… I don’t think she grew them herself either.”

“Oooh!” Somehow she had failed to fully notice the plant markers until now, but her eyes fell upon each label with delight. She suddenly forgot her internal promise to keep still, and began inspecting each marker in turn. “But, will they grow during the winterr? When I arrived here earlier this year everything seemed pretty… dead… to me.”

She dropped her backpack to the ground but in her excited state failed to take notice of what she was doing, until she bent over to put her book and pencil on top of it so it didn’t have to lay in the soil. As she leaned over, she noticed she’d nearly smashed one small bush and broken a few leaves. “Oh no, I broke it,” she picked up the snapped stem and tried to place it back onto the plant, but it promptly fell back to the soil. She turned her apologetic eyes to Skye, looking almost as though she would break into tears over her blunder.

<style type="text/css">
.orin_scroll .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding-left:90px; color:#000000}
.orin_scroll .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding-left:95px; color:#79341c}
.orin_scroll b {font-weight:bold; color:#a2630a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.orin_scroll {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-image:url(http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/619/orinmid.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 1px 10px 0px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread