Salt and Seafarers
[html]

ooc... 300+

The woman could not stave off the smile that continued to press onto her face as the cub reacted. She felt guilty for startling him but still his response was endearing. Not wanting to scare him any more, she held still while he sized her up and took stock. She knew she could be an interesting sight to pups – she was an interesting sight to most adults, for that matter, so she smiled and waited for him to warm up to her. It did not take too long for his shock to wear off and him to speak to her, though he still was a wary boy. This Orin could understand and relate to, though the brunt of the childhood worries had been taken by Niro, leaving her much time to let her imaginative mind roam free.

Orin held still even as the cub backpedaled a few paces, she was a new face so she did not take offense to this gesture. She simply sat herself down in the sand and faced the sea, not wanting to look like she was trying too hard to lure the pup up to her side. He would warm up to her soon enough.

“I like to sit and look at the ocean too,” she said dreamily, then turned her eyes back to the brown pup. “And I’m Orin. Orin Takekuro. I’m a friendd. I’m here in the Court trying to visit my brother, but I don’t know where he is. His name is Niro.”

“You know,” she looked back out over the waves and gestured with her hand. “Niro and I crossed that ocean. We came all the way from the south, from Florida. Do you know where that is? We came on a ship and first arrived here on this very beach.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread