a time to chase
[html]

Lol, this thread is fun. Tongue WC: 544

Kesho Maisha

Kesho continued to be both amazed and confused by the young lad before him. He assumed this must be the reason for the lack of initiative amongst members of the clan to rival his generation. These younger ones were more docile, and, it seemed, much more naive. Or at least this one was. The older 'yote tried not to generalize for the entire clan, as he had already met several capable beasts; but this boy was different. Although Kesho quite enjoyed him as a companion and a character, he seemed to be a bit out of place. Truthfully, though, he couldn't think of a proper place for the child. Inferni would work well enough, and Kesho might even be able to teach him a thing or two about the proper behavior of coyotes and predators alike.

"What do you eat, then, if not the meat of animals like your friend here?" He questioned, wondering how the kid had fed himself at all, if not by hunting. "I couldn't say that a vegetarian diet would be too healthy for predators like us..." Even still, there was a vegetarian amongst the ranks of Inferni. Clearly, however, Kesho did not know this.

He stared blankly at the boy, a look of pure wonderment and contentment upon his face. With company like Izaak, he had little need to sustain constant attention. He was very much like a child, although he appeared older than his personality suggested. The boy babbled on in German briefly, Kesho trying miserably to decipher any words he might know from his brief encounters with the language. He failed, quite well. But then the boy spoke a string of a language he knew, and the elder coyote understood it. Kesho wasn't sure if he wanted to touch the animal. He felt as though it might start and take off, or alert every other animal in the area of its presence. So, gratefully, he declined the request.

"I'm sure he's...soft. I don't think he wants me touching him. He seems a bit nervous, really." He added, nodding at the deer's defensively alert posture.

The boy then began talking of wolves. Kesho's body instinctively tensed up. The young male stated that they had helped him in some way. That they fed his pet. Involuntarily, he cringed. But it seemed that this was the reality now; a mutual friendship, to some extent at least. He could hardly believe it. Things had been so different back then. Of course, Kesho also had no knowledge of the Dahlian War, or the true struggle to maintain their place here.

"Well, they may not all be creatures to be feared, but you shouldn't just blindly trust them, either." He paused. "I don't think a bird would be able to eat Blitzen, no." He listened as the boy reasoned through his warning, still not understanding his point. "Coyotes and wolves eat other animals, like rabbits and deer and elk. If you've ever eaten meat, chances are it was of one of those creatures. Most of us don't keep prey animals as pets." He spoke somewhat quickly, finding it odd to explain such a thing to another canine of his clan. "I like yours, though." He added, still trying not to offend the boy.

<style>
.kesho-spiralstair p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.kesho-spiralstair b {color:#FFE8A2;}
.kesho-spiralstair-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.kesho-spiralstair-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFE8A2; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.kesho-spiralstair-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/kesho2.png); height:211px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#EBDCBB;}
.kesho-spiralstair-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.kesho-spiralstair {background-color:#CAB482; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/kesho2bg.gif); padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EBDCBB; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#766236; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread