Battle of the Weeds
[html]

ooc: sorry for the delay!

“Gardening? Like farming? I met someone who does this before, but she didn’t have a patch. She picked from wild plants. Hmm… I don’t think she grew them herself either.”

"A bit like farming, yes, but instead of tending to crops and harvesting them from other places, gardening is more focused on trees, berry bushes, and flowers," Skye explained, this time taking from her pack a large amount of rotting fruit peels. It seemed, looked, and smelled absolutely disgusting, but would be delightful for the plants, and would make them grow faster and healthier. And best of all, she didn't have to impetrate - it was easy enough to find peels on the ground. She began to push them into the ground around the plants, hoping it'd make them healthier.

“But, will they grow during the winterr? When I arrived here earlier this year everything seemed pretty… dead… to me.”

"Normally, they would," Skye said. "But I spray water on them daily so the warmth from the water will flow into the plant and give it warmth. And the peels I'm scattering are very good for the plant, however bad for our noses," she said, laughing, as she knelt into the dirt. But before she could spread more peels, she heard a snap and a thud and looked around to where Orin was apologizing, looking close to tears.

Oh, dear, Skye thought, rushing over to the small plant. It was one of the blue berry bushes, and she sighed in relief; she had plenty more of those. "Don't worry about it, Orin, I have more where these came from," she said, gingerly placing Orin's backpack on the grass, where it was less dirty and less prone to killing her plants, and promptly taking the broken plant out and replacing the hole with peels.

<style>
.flowerskye p {padding:5px 10px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.flowerskye b {color:#1F356B; font-family:georgia; font-weight:bold;}
.flowerskye-text {margin:12px 170px 10px 5px; padding:2px; width:300px; height:290px; overflow: auto; background-color:#fff; -moz-opacity: 0.6; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #1944D2;}
.flowerskye {width:514px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5311/flowersk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#1F356B; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #B1CCED; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #8CBBFC; min-height:320px;}
.flowerskye-border {width:516px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread