i am not alone
[html]

Her embrace, her scent and her warmth, it was the world. He closed his eyes against her pale fur, breathing in the scent that has been nothing less than savior and mother to him. To Misery and Misery alone Larkspur owed his life. His devotion to her was what the Khalif valued, even if they had scorned and hated him. It no longer mattered. The Khalif were not important here. All that mattered was his aunt-mother, and what she asked of him.

The words filled his heart, turned his head dizzy. Blessed. She knew. She could see the signs. He clutched her fur as gently as possible for such a brute and finally released with her praise. The tall man sat back, looking up to his aunt-mother with nothing less than devotion in his Jack-o-Lantern eyes. “As y’asked,” he replied. “Found ‘em. I found a boy who wanted t’learn. His blood ain’t right, but he’s eager. Found ‘is mother too, but she ain’t worth th’ time.”

He thought suddenly of Eris, and of her promise and demand. His destiny had not changed, but grown because of her. “I have a woman,” he added. “She’s gonna have my kids.”

<style>
.larkspur-b02 p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.larkspur-b02 b {color:#C96812; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; font-weight:normal;}
.larkspur-b02-text {margin:0px 8px 24px 176px; padding:2px; width:262px; }
.larkspur-b02 {width:450px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... arksie.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#4E4844; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000; min-height:293px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread