what lays in the world beyond
500+[html]

Rem understood high speech, though he did not always leave one with that impression. Nor had he ever spoken a word, if such a thing was even possible. With Anann at least, there was no language barrier between horse and wolf. One look at his face was typically all Anann needed to know what was going on inside that skull of his. Despite that, the friesian stallion did not even seem to acknowledge that the wolf had been speaking to him. Even casting a casual glance to the side as if to say, 'who, me?'. Anann, herself, could not say how much the stallion truly understood. Often pondering if he took everything from tone and body language or if he truly grasped the meaning of the words. If he did understand, which he did, then he had no quarms with playing stupid from time to time.

Anann dipped her head slightly, ears falling back on her head for a brief moment as she bowed her head to the alpha as yer confirmed her thoughts and provided her with the title he used. She did not say much, listening intently as he answered her questions. Smiling and nodding as the information was stored away just in case might become useful in the future. As he mentioned the trees providing them with various resources Anann's drifted back to the axe he was using to prop himself up. She wanted to ask what she had called him from and if could use any assistance. She refrained but made note to let the topic fall from her mind. Which was easy enough as he spoke of the great lakes that Anann had also passed on her way to the 'Souls territory causing her ears to perk. "Oh really, I came from southwest of the lakes myself. Just the other side of the great river, the Mississippi." Many packs had their own name for the river, though a few still knew the name that the prior civilization had used for it.

Anann had become lax in concealing her emotions. Surprise that typically would not have shown was clear to read on her face at the mention of Niro's sister. Though the surprise was not in the fact that she now called this new pack home, but more that she had still called the Cours pack home. Anann had not seen her since spring and rarely even scented the fem. Anann had assumed she had simply been visiting her brother and had already made yet home elsewhere. "I had only met her briefly early this spring, though her brother, Niro, is a friend of mine." She couldn't help but wonder if Niro knew of this. Surely he must she had come to collect her things already.

Anann's eyes drifted to the axe again, wondering if it was a luperci creation or one of human origin. Size was the only real difference and she really couldn't tell from where she stood."If you were in the middle of something I don't want to keep you from it." Winter was fast approaching and every minute before it took hold of the land was precious. Food typically was not a problem in the colder months, as mice was much harder for prey than predator in the icy realm, at least for those built for it. Shelter was another story, and Anann had know way of knowing what shelter they had. Allowing her mind to jump to conclusions, Anann assumed shelter was exactly what the large alpha had been working on. "If you'd like, I can give a hand for a few hours before I head back." Whatever task he had needed the axe for, Anann was willing to help out and perhaps see what else she could learn.

<style type="text/css">
.anann003 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8fb5b6; letter-spacing:1px; }
.anann003ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c7dadb; text-align:right;}
.anann003 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.anann003 {margin:0 auto; width:347px; background-color:#000200; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ann003.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #aebabb; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#aebabb; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread