Battle of the Weeds
[html]

OOC No worries! (3 points)

She sat with her mouth in a surprised O for a moment, awaiting Skye’s angered reaction, but it never came. The woman looked at her in something near shock for a moment, but Orin visibly relaxed when the woman did, appearing not to be too upset about her folly. Still she felt bad for killing the plant, and frowned as Skye moved her backpack to the edge of the garden and cleared away the ruined bush. “Really, I’m really sorry.” It felt like she would never be able to apologize enough, and she kept on for a minute even after Skye had clearly forgiven her.

Involuntarily, her nose wrinkled up as Skye reached into her supplies and pulled out the perished fruit skins. Her eyebrows arched and for a moment she stared at the woman as though she had gone mad – botany was not among her favorite genres, and she had no idea that plants “ate,” or acquired nutrients from the soil. It was one of the questions she had yet to ponder in depth. Why were plants there? Because they just were.

She eyed Skye as she buried the peels, and slowly began to realize what the woman was up to. “Plants eat other plants?” The petite woman lowered herself to her knees next to Skye to watch what she was doing, taking in her methods and secretly yearning to try them for herself. “Can I help?” Okay, maybe not so secretly.

“I’ve never gardened myself, but I have seen pictures and paintings of some beautiful gardens.” When she took a second to glance around again she quickly realized that this garden was far different than the elaborate castle flower gardens she had seen illustrated in the fantasy novels. Her mind began to wander and she leaned back on her heels, perhaps to Skye’s relief that she seemingly forgotten her request to help.

“I’ve never been very good with that kind of thing. Most of my skills are better put on paper than in action.” She grinned and chucked, remembering the horrible predicament she was in when she met Shawchert and how she had gotten there in the first place. Another misplaced talent. She could be stealthy if she wasn’t so easily distracted by shiny things.

“So do you eat these? Or just use them to grow more? You know,” her face suddenly lit up. “Some of these berries would be perfect for dyes!”

<style type="text/css">
.orin_scroll .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding-left:90px; color:#000000}
.orin_scroll .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding-left:95px; color:#79341c}
.orin_scroll b {font-weight:bold; color:#a2630a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.orin_scroll {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-image:url(http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/619/orinmid.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 1px 10px 0px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread