like rebel diamonds cut out of the sun
[html]

Xeris' heart leaped at the sound of her mate's voice. He had obviously been awake already. The white wolfess looked at Pendzez as he approached, and beckoned for him to come outside after casting her golden-eyed gaze across the sleeping forms of her sons. She didn't want to wake them; she could surprise them in the morning, perhaps.

But for now, what mattered was that she was back with Pendzez again. Feeling tears forming in her eyes, she locked her gaze with his, as if trying to make sure that he was real. The moonlight illuminated the new scars along her throat and the rip in her ear, and upon realizing this, Xeris began to break down. She threw herself forward against her mate, wrapping her arms around him and sobbing quietly. "Oh, Pendzez..." she said, her voice just above a whisper. "Pendzez, I'm so sorry. It...it was a trap. I was fooled. My parents, my birth pack, they're...they're..." Her voice began to break. "They're gone, Pendzez." She pressed her face against the warm fur of her mate's shoulder. "I sent Xion home before we got there," Xeris explained, "But Jefferson says he hasn't seen her, and I don't know where she could be!" As much as Xeris trusted her daughter and believed that she could take care of herself, she was still distraught over the fact that Xion's whereabouts were currently unknown. She feared that Pendzez would scold her; that she had been a bad mother, losing her child like this. But that was in the back of her mind. Now she was home, and she was relieved, at least, for that fact.

<style type="text/css">
.xerfru b {font-weight:bold; color:#E8E8E8; letter-spacing:1px; }
.xerfru .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xerfru list { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px;}
.xerfru p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.xerfru {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#060604; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/259bfw4.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#666666; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread