Traditional trades.
[html]

+5 OOC:You Ninja’d me >.> I didn’t see your reply! Also we can work on ending this soon <3

She was glad that Skye was willing t work things out, and she smiled at that. Pulling the horse to Skye.

Well you have to remember one thing, horses, they are still wild creatures and still animals with their own minds, multiply that with their size and strength and that’s a lot of power, so you must respect the horse as much as you respect yourself. A horse, they eat hay, wheat, and oats, even graze on grass but do not let just one of those things be in their diet, they need a variety, I’ve got stores in AniWaya.

She stopped to let that soak in… she never normally talked so much but there was a lot to be said in one go, and she wanted Skye to understand it was simple, to take care of a horse, yet not so much.

Just like you a horse will need brushing, constantly if you ride him often. It’s not hard, just make sure never to go against the fur of a horse when brushing, short strokes, they also get stuff in their hooves. To lift it do this.

She stood by the spotted horse and put her hand on his shoulder and ran it down the length of his leg which he automatically lifted. She’d painstakingly taught all her horses this so that it was much easier to get under their hooves.

Use a pick, not too sharp to get any of the gunk out, you’ll know when you hit the hoof part. The back foot when they lift it, support it with your knee and work. Always do this before and after you ride, it’s very uncomfortable to the horse to walk around with their feces and rocks in their hooves.

She let the horse have his leg back and stood again, the horses ears were all attention to the wolfdog.

To ride a horse, I’m afraid I don’t have any extra tack, you will sadly have to learn bareback, but it’s not hard, you go to the left side of the horse, take up a bit of it’s back mane, don’t worry he won’t feel a thing, and pull yourself up.

She demonstrated on the horse. she still had a hold of the harness rope she had which could be used difficultly like reigns but she wouldn’t use it like that. It was still a way of controlling him. He stood there docile, his ears pulled back waiting for instructions.

Now the animals I teach learn by body language, the tighter you hold on, the faster they will go, so if he startles you, stay calm, keep your legs loose. I do have a bridle for you at least, but it isn’t on him… just know that when you loosen the reigns he will speed up a bit, but tighten the reigns too much and he will go a bit more quicker than you would hope, always try to keep them loose unless you want to go a bit faster, but never have them tight so the horse cannot use his head properly… though I don’t think he’d have a hard time getting away, he’s a pretty strong animal.

She breathed from talking so much… she wasn’t one for much talk but to actually have someone understand a horse in a short period of time. There was no choice, she slid off the horses back, and smiled at Skye hoping she got what she’d said.

Any questions?

She asked with a smile on her face. She had to think about the lessns, it wan’t a hop skip and a jump away from Aniwaya, but this was the closest place.

Once a week if possible, but we can always do it every other week. I’m afraid I cannot do it today though I have much to do, but I will call you up soon enough.

<style type="text/css">
.liliquills b {font-weight:bold; color:#A79D86; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.liliquills-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.liliquills p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.liliquills {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#0F0A04; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lslili.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EBECE4; padding: 120px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#676052; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread